Try to act on the following positive statements.
- Being well-informed helps me to deal effectively with any
menopausal symptoms that arise.
- The speed of ageing does not accelerate after the menopause.
- I deserve understanding from my partner and family.
- If I experience menopausal symptoms, talk about them. The
more open I am, the more I will help to break down taboos.
- I have the right to take control of my life. If I don't want
to rely on doctors or meedicines, I won't. There are good relaxation
techniques as well as complementary and dietary approaches that
can help deal successfully with any symptoms.
- I can take steps to maintain and even improve the quality
of my sex life. There is no reason why the menopause should be
the begining of a sexual decline.
- there's no time like the present for developing a new skill,
hobby or project. I can even begin a second career.
- I will embark on financial planning for retirement as early
as possible, to take advantage of what could be my most creative
Referring to the menopause as the change of life is both
misleading and counterproductive. The menopause isn't the
only change that will occur during your life and its is unlikely
to be the most significant one. Life is a series of gradual
changes - we don't suddenly reach a turning point and start
growing old when we reach midlife. Ageing is a continous process
that begins the moment we are born and continues until we
die. I believe that a healthy attitude to the menopause is
to see it as a time in which to rediscover yourself, to assess
(or reassess) your life and its purpose, and to establish
new aims and goals.
By the time we reach middle age most of us carry around the
received wisdom of society, leftovers from old traditions,
fears that are often obsolete, and beliefs that may be borrowed.
Without clearing out all these redundant feelings, we can
lose touch with our inner selves.
A Personal Mantra
Positive thoughts and attitudes will maintain your self-esteem.
- My body is strong and healthy and can become healthier each
- My female organs are in good shape.
- My body chemistry is effective and balanced.
- I eat healthy, nourishing food.
- I'm learning to handle stress.
- I'm calm and relaxed.
- I work efficiently and competently.
- I have the freedom and confidence to enjoy life.
- I can be happy and optimistic at this time of my life.
- My life belongs to me and it brings me pleasure.
- I devote time to myself each day.
- My friends and family are more enjoyable than they have ever
- I'm going through the menopause more easily and more comfortably
with each passing day.